Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rahman Proposes,Himesh Disposes

A R Rahman wants Himesh Reshammiya to sing his composition; but Himesh has other plans Himesh Reshammiya had once said that if he had to sing for any music director other than himself, it would have to be for A R Rahman. Now, Rahman has come up with a composition, which he thinks is apt for Himesh to sing.
Rahman said, “Yes, I have come up with a composition that Himesh can do justice to. It is an important song for a big actor, in a huge project and for a big banner. But since the shooting of this song will happen only next year, it will be wrong on my part to disclose too many details about it at this time.”

I don’t sing for any outside banner (where I don’t act). I would instead request Rahman saab to give music for one of my films where I am the actor and singer – Himesh Reshammiya

So what made Rahman choose Himesh for the song? Rahman said, “Himesh’s voice and the attitude with which Himesh sings is just apt for this composition. I haven’t spoken to Himesh as yet but I will be talking to him very soon.”
When we told Himesh about Rahman’s plans, he said, “I am a great fan of AR Rahman and his music. It’s a great honour for me to sing his composition, but as a policy decision, I only sing for myself onscreen. I don’t sing for any outside banner (where I don’t act).
I would instead request Rahman saab to give music for one of my films where I am the actor and singer. In fact, if he agrees, it will be a dream come true. In my forthcoming films Kajra Re, Mudh Mudh Ke Na Dekh Mudh Mudh Ke, A New Love Ishstory, and an untitled film for Studio 18, at least one composition in each album is dedicated to Rahman saab. I just love his music.

No comments: