Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Human made fire 790000 years ago




A new study by analyzing flints at an archeological site onthe bank of the river Jordan,shows that humans had the ability to make fire nearly 790000 years ago,a skill that helped them to migrate from Africa to Europe.

A previous study of the site published in 2004 showed that man had been able to control fire-for example transferring it by means of burning branches--in that early period.But researchers now said that ancient man could actually start fire,rather than relying on natural phenomina such as lightning.

This is really interesting.I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that many people love the smell of wood smoke. Like it's some kind of positive stimulus from waaaay back.

In my early school days,my Teachers taught me that ancients made fire by frictioning two stones.

But..789815 Years later.. Man Invented lighter......Wait, did humans exist 790000 years ago?
I thought the world was only 6000 years old.

Anyway,We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since 790,000 years ago.According to my opinion,THEORY of evolution,Still has yet to be proved. I don't know why people talk like its fact. No, I am not supporting creationism in this statement either.

No comments: